Once seen, never forgotten
Mustang R-SPEC: the first supercharged edition of Australia's best-selling sports car
2020 Ford Mustang
High Performance 2.3L
Order Yours Now
High Performance 2.3L
With an upgraded 236kW turbocharged engine, the 2020 Mustang High Performance 2.3L features Ford’s EcoBoost powertrain, giving you more thrust when you need it.
Iconic Mustang Persona
To match the enhanced performance, the 2020 Mustang High Performance 2.3L comes with a unique grille, 19" machined alloy wheels, accented bonnet stripes, side mirror caps and rear spoiler. A unique fender badge combined with heritage inspired tri-bar Pony emblems compliment power with elegance.
Hear the Power
5.0L V8 Engine
The Mustang GT's 5.0L V8 engine has been expertly engineered to maximise power from every compression by utilising a dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port injection system. Boasting 339kW1 of power and 556Nm1 torque, Mustang GT's engine roar and wide-eyed performance are the stuff of the legends.
2.3L Turbo Engine
The Mustang EcoBoost® Turbo model features the renowned twin-scroll turbocharged 2.3L EcoBoost® engine from the Focus RS, delivering 224kW1 and 441Nm1 for exhilarating performance without sacrificing fuel economy.
Active Valve Exhaust
Want to choose when you hear that signature growl? The unique Active Valve Exhaust feature lets you choose exactly when you want to make your presence known. Or, you can turn down the volume when you're cruising through a quiet neighbourhood.
The optional 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission is designed for optimum ratio progression and efficiency. It provides more accurate, quicker upshift and downshift capability, and if you’re someone who likes ultimate control, steering wheel-mounted shift paddles are included as well.
What some would consider a lost art, Ford consider a key ingredient of a sports car. For the driving purist, the standard 6-speed manual offers the ultimate in control and engagement. The Mustang GT also features a new switchable rev-matching mode, helping you nail those downshifts.
Forged Aluminium Wheels
Pony Puddle Lamps
Customise Your View
The 12-inch Digital Instrument Cluster is the first all-LCD display ever offered on a Mustang. It's easy to view, fast and responsive. And, like everything else in this Mustang, absolutely beautiful.
You can set your favorite drive settings and the MyMode system will remember them next time you get behind the wheel. Program your ideal ESC, throttle, steering, exhaust and gauge appearence preferences and save them with a touch of a button.
Once you've selected your ideal layout - Normal, Sport or Track - it's time to choose your colours. Ensure your instruments are uniquely yours by choosing the primary and secondary colours from 30 options. It takes mere seconds to totally change the mood from precise and business like, to vibrant and funky using Mustang's MyColour feature.
Performance metrics are instantly provided in the instrument cluster. Accelerometer displays lateral and longitudinal g-forces, acceleration times and lap times, plus automatic and countdown starts. Launch Control on manual models integrates brakes, traction control and powertrain control to help ensure smooth, consistent starts.
Not too many, not too few. Select from six different gauges showing vital mechanical data for the three MyGauge slots, ensuring you always have the information you need right in front of your eyes. Prefer a more minimalist view? You can opt for as much as a little information as you like, that's the beauty of the Mustang's Digital Instrument Cluster.
Choose Your Style
Feel The Road
The optional MagneRide™ damping system provides lightning-quick responsiveness to changing road conditions, automatically adjusting 1,000 times per second. That's how you can count on optimum handling performance.
Selectable Drive Modes
The ultimate in control for customising your Mustang driving experience. Five drive modes – Normal, Snow/Wet, Sport, Track or the new Drag Strip mode – let you dial in the dynamics you want. Handling and response times are adjusted, just flip the toggle switch on the centre stack to get what you want.
All Australian Mustangs come standard with Ford's Performance Package, taking the driving experience to the next level through unique chassis tuning, sports tyres, limited-slip differential and Brembo® brakes.
Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
Electric Power Assisted Steering adjusts to provide you with greater control in a range of road and weather conditions. Best of all, you're in control. Choose between three power-assisted settings to adjust steering effort: comfort, sport and normal.
Experience the Future
Performance may already run in its veins, but it's advanced driver assist technology that's taking the Mustang to a whole new level of sophistication.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Cruise Control is great when you leave the city limits. But what about when you’re driving on busy highways and freeways? Mustang now features Adaptive Cruise Control which lets you relax in traffic by reading the traffic ahead with radar sensors and managing your speed and distance as it changes.
Pre-Collision Assist - AEB
When traffic is crawling along, it can be easy to miss someone suddenly stopping up front. In speeds of between 5km/h and 80km/h, AEB with Pedestrian Detection is designed to detect if the car in front has unexpectedly stopped or a pedestrian steps out onto the road and can automatically apply the brakes if you don't.
LKA – Lane Keep Assist
By monitoring road markings, LKA detects if you appear to unintentionally move out of your lane. If you do, your steering wheel will vibrate to warn you. If lane departure continues it will also direct you back into your lane by applying steering torque, unless your indicator is on.
AHB – Auto High Beam
Driving through the country can be a stressful task, especially at night. Auto High Beam lends a helping hand by automatically turning the high beams on and off depending on light level and surrounding vehicles.
Push Button Start
Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
Recaro Sports Seats
B&O Play Audio
- Performance Data measured using 98 RON fuel.
- All colours except Race Red and Oxford White are prestige paints and incur an additional charge.
- Not all SYNC® 3 features are compatible with all phones.
- Apple CarPlay / Android Auto requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS / Android™ (as applicable), active data service, and connection cable (sold separately). SYNC® does not control Apple CarPlay / Android Auto while in use. Apple / Google and other third parties are responsible for their respective functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Apple CarPlay, Siri Eyes Free, iPod and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries. Android Auto and Google Maps are trademarks of Google Inc. Ford Applink® is available on selected SYNC® models and is compatible with select smartphone platforms. Warning: Local laws prohibit some phone functions while driving. Check your local road rules before using these functions.
- Overseas model shown, Australian specifications may vary, please check website closer to launch for final details.
- [^]Available at participating Ford Dealers on 2019MY Endura onwards, 2019MY Focus onwards, 2019.75MY Ranger onwards, 2019.75MY Everest onwards, 2020MY Mustang onwards, 2020.25MY Fiesta ST onwards, 2020.25MY Focus ST onwards, 2020.75MY Puma onwards and 2020.75MY Escape onwards vehicles first purchased by a Private or Blue Fleet customer or as a dealer demonstrator/service loaner (CCLV) vehicle excluding vehicles purchased under Ford’s Privilege Club or Ford’s Dealership Employee Program. Offer valid for 4 years or 60,000km (whichever occurs first) commencing on the date of delivery to original owner except for demonstrator/service loaner (CCLV) vehicles, in which case it commences on the date it was first registered by a Ford Dealer. A or B Scheduled Service items (and Additional Scheduled Maintenance Items which are not included) are set out in the Customer Assistance and Warranty Guide with the vehicle. See www.ford.com.au/service/t-and-c for full terms.